Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2011 is full of health and prosperity for all of you.
This is the time of year when many of us set resolutions to do (or not do) various things. I often resolve to write my first novel. Hasn’t happened yet, but one of these years, I’m gonna get that one done! Maybe this will be the one. A popular resolution for many people is to become more physically fit. To that end, frequent commenter Ray Faithfull recently requested an Elvis playlist for working out.
Ray’s suggestion solved my dilemma of what to post here for New Year’s Day. This playlist is designed to start slow, get really revved up, and then taper off to nothing. Though you should feel like a king at the beginning, you may very well need somebody to lean on by the end of this high octane set.
For The Heart: An Elvis Workout (AKA Elvis Shakes His Excess Off)
- King Of The Whole Wide World [C’mon Everybody]
- Any Day Now (Alternate) [Memphis Sessions]
- For The Heart [From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee]
- A Little Less Conversation (Remix) [Elvis vs. JXL]
- Polk Salad Annie (Live) [Close Up]
- My Baby Left Me [For LP Fans Only]
- His Latest Flame [Elvis’ Golden Records, Volume 3]
- Jailhouse Rock [Elvis’ Golden Records]
- Mystery Train/Tiger Man (Live) [Collectors Gold]
- Power Of My Love [From Elvis In Memphis]
- My Babe (Live) [From Memphis To Vegas/From Vegas To Memphis]
- Hey Little Girl [Harum Scarum]
- A Big Hunk O’ Love [50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong: Elvis’ Gold Records Volume 2]
- Big Boss Man [Clambake]
- Blue Suede Shoes (Remix) [Viva Elvis: The Album]
- Heartbreak Hotel/Hound Dog/All Shook Up (Live) [ELVIS-TV Special]
- Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do [Loving You]
- Little Sister [Elvis’ Golden Records, Volume 3]
- Good Rockin’ Tonight [A Date With Elvis]
- Johnny B. Goode (Live) [From Memphis To Vegas/From Vegas To Memphis]
- Rubberneckin’ [Almost In Love]
- Bossa Nova Baby [Fun In Acapulco]
- Hard Headed Woman [King Creole]
- The Fool [Elvis Country]
- Suspicious Minds (Live) [All Shook Up]
- Follow That Dream (Alternate) [Today, Tomorrow & Forever]
- Funny How Time Slips Away (Rehearsal) [Elvis On Tour: The Rehearsals]
- I Need Somebody To Lean On [I Got Lucky]
I tried something new and published this playlist on iTunes as For The Heart: An Elvis Workout. If you have iTunes, you should be able to see it there by following the link (I am not sure if this will work for those outside of the US). Not all of the same versions were available, so I had to do a few substitutions.
Thanks to Ray for the idea. Good luck with your fitness goals, buddy. I’ll be right in there fighting, too.
Keep those suggestions coming, everyone. Have a fantastic 2011!
Thanks for the Gym list Ty, I have now got the songs on my mp3 player and am off to the gym shortly, I’ll let you know how it “Works-Out”, and thanks for the kind words of encouragement, we could all do with some of those at some stage in our lives..Cheers Ty you keep up the fab work with this site and I’m sure if you get to writing your 1st Novel, it’ll be great. Cheers….Ray
OH and a HUGE Happy New Year to everyone.
My first workout with Elvis was all over the shop, my MP3 player wouldn’t come of shuffle even though i told it so. After much effort i finally got it sorted and am now enjoying your selection of Gym songs Ty. I did add one other and that was the remix of “Baby Let’s Play House” by Spankox, goes well at the gym. Again thank you so much Ty really appreciated your effort. Cheers Ray.
I’m glad it worked out, despite the better efforts of your MP3 player to mess you up. ;) Keep up the good work (out)!
I like bodybuilding and gaining the muscles. Thank you for this interesting post !
i like the comment after AKA at the top :P I love making playlists now, its so much better than lisetning to an artists ENTIRE catalogue on shuffle which is what i normally do with elvis. And i got 34.5GB of him…
I only just found this page through links of other blogs, keep these playlists coming, maybe i could request one?
How about a playlist of songs that if elvis was alive, he would choose as his favourite from his past?
That’s an interesting playlist concept… I’ll play around with it and see what I can come up with. May not be until 2012, though. This time of year is just so busy!