Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2011 is full of health and prosperity for all of you.
This is the time of year when many of us set resolutions to do (or not do) various things. I often resolve to write my first novel. Hasn’t happened yet, but one of these years, I’m gonna get that one done! Maybe this will be the one. A popular resolution for many people is to become more physically fit. To that end, frequent commenter Ray Faithfull recently requested an Elvis playlist for working out.
Ray’s suggestion solved my dilemma of what to post here for New Year’s Day. This playlist is designed to start slow, get really revved up, and then taper off to nothing. Though you should feel like a king at the beginning, you may very well need somebody to lean on by the end of this high octane set.
For The Heart: An Elvis Workout (AKA Elvis Shakes His Excess Off)
- King Of The Whole Wide World [C’mon Everybody]
- Any Day Now (Alternate) [Memphis Sessions]
- For The Heart [From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee]
- A Little Less Conversation (Remix) [Elvis vs. JXL]
- Polk Salad Annie (Live) [Close Up]
- My Baby Left Me [For LP Fans Only]
- His Latest Flame [Elvis’ Golden Records, Volume 3]
- Jailhouse Rock [Elvis’ Golden Records]
- Mystery Train/Tiger Man (Live) [Collectors Gold]
- Power Of My Love [From Elvis In Memphis]
- My Babe (Live) [From Memphis To Vegas/From Vegas To Memphis]
- Hey Little Girl [Harum Scarum]
- A Big Hunk O’ Love [50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong: Elvis’ Gold Records Volume 2]
- Big Boss Man [Clambake]
- Blue Suede Shoes (Remix) [Viva Elvis: The Album]
- Heartbreak Hotel/Hound Dog/All Shook Up (Live) [ELVIS-TV Special]
- Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do [Loving You]
- Little Sister [Elvis’ Golden Records, Volume 3]
- Good Rockin’ Tonight [A Date With Elvis]
- Johnny B. Goode (Live) [From Memphis To Vegas/From Vegas To Memphis]
- Rubberneckin’ [Almost In Love]
- Bossa Nova Baby [Fun In Acapulco]
- Hard Headed Woman [King Creole]
- The Fool [Elvis Country]
- Suspicious Minds (Live) [All Shook Up]
- Follow That Dream (Alternate) [Today, Tomorrow & Forever]
- Funny How Time Slips Away (Rehearsal) [Elvis On Tour: The Rehearsals]
- I Need Somebody To Lean On [I Got Lucky]
I tried something new and published this playlist on iTunes as For The Heart: An Elvis Workout. If you have iTunes, you should be able to see it there by following the link (I am not sure if this will work for those outside of the US). Not all of the same versions were available, so I had to do a few substitutions.
Thanks to Ray for the idea. Good luck with your fitness goals, buddy. I’ll be right in there fighting, too.
Keep those suggestions coming, everyone. Have a fantastic 2011!