And the answer is…
Dennis Linde said the following:
“I remember hearing it on the radio for the first time. It’s the kind of thing you can’t describe. It was wonderful. […] It was a kick that an Elvis album was named after my song. The whole thing was just a blur, just one more thing I couldn’t believe and didn’t expect. It was one more fantasy coming true. Of course you’d never expect that.”
Source: Writing For The King: The Stories Of The Songwriters by Ken Sharp, FTD Books, Denmark, 2006.
Linde wrote Elvis’ 1972 hit “Burning Love,” which also appeared on the album Burning Love And Hits From His Movies (Volume 2). Elvis went on to record two other Linde compositions, “I Got A Feelin’ In My Body” (1973) and the exquisite “For The Heart” (1976).
Thomas has won an astounding five out of the ten challenges posed to date. In fact, there have only been four winners besides him. Talk about bragging rights. The trivia master maintains his position of honor within The Mystery Train’s Hobo Jungle.
* * *
The next question could arrive at any time. Will it be in five minutes? Later today? Or not until March? Find out by subscribing to The Mystery Train Blog using the feature in the menu bar to the right. Then, you’ll be emailed whenever a new post appears.
The Hobo Jungle
- February 4, 2012: Thomas (Elvis Today) (13:52)
- February 3, 2012: Thomas (Elvis Today) (2:18)
- December 21, 2011: Wellsy (2:37)
- October 31, 2011: Thomas (Elvis Today) (17:32)
- October 1, 2011: Anton Jeldres Tiselj (Jimmy Cool) (1:01)
- September 9, 2011: Steve Brogdon (0:17) <— Record time
- August 6, 2011: Thomas (Elvis Today) (2:26)
- July 9, 2011: Thomas (Elvis Today) (5:26)
- June 23, 2011: Fred Wolfe (0:18)
- June 22, 2011: Ty stumps the train (no winner)