Congratulations to George Millar, who sat his way to victory in Elvis Trivialities #13.
A first-time winner, he receives a freshly baked slice of bragging rights and a chair among The Mystery Train’s Night Riders.
And the answer is…
“NBC” is printed on the backrest of the chair Elvis used during the “sit-down” shows portion of the ELVIS (’68 comeback) television special.
Now, folks, don’t feel bad if you didn’t get this one. For one thing, Elvis is sitting on his chair for most of this segment, so the “NBC” is covered.
I’ve been watching the Comeback Special for over 25 years, but never noticed the chair had anything written on it until my last viewing.
The “NBC” is most noticeable just before Elvis takes his seat in “Black Leather Sit-down Show #1” on DVD 1 of the excellent ELVIS: ’68 Comeback Special – Deluxe Edition.
Presumably, all of the chairs on stage carry the NBC designation, but the Elvis one is most visible because the other guys generally remain seated.
* * *
George can now brag to his friends and family that he can conquer obscure Elvis trivia questions like the above against the most knowledgable of fans. If you would like the same opportunity, subscribe to The Mystery Train Blog using the feature in the menu bar to the right. That way, you’ll be notified whenever there is a new post – because you never know when the next trivia challenge will come along.
The Mystery Train’s Night Riders
- January 11, 2013: George Millar (4:19)
- December 23, 2012: Thomas (0:36)
- October 9, 2012: David (14:38) | Honorable Mention: John (22:06)
- February 4, 2012: Thomas (13:52)
- February 3, 2012: Thomas (2:18)
- December 21, 2011: Wellsy (2:37)
- October 31, 2011: Thomas (17:32)
- October 1, 2011: Jimmy Cool (1:01)
- September 9, 2011: Steve Brogdon (0:17) <— Record time
- August 6, 2011: Thomas (2:26)
- July 9, 2011: Thomas (5:26)
- June 23, 2011: Fred Wolfe (0:18)
- June 22, 2011: Ty stumps the train (no winner)